Look at the red arrow:
This tool is divided into 5 sections: VIEWS, MIXER, GAMES, VIDEOS and NEWS
When you click on Mixer there're 2 more sections you can get: SONGS and POINTS.
You can see 3 tabs:
2) Audio Slide Show - you can turn on the text to get the subtitles
3) Audio Notes where you can click on the highlighted word to hear the pronunciation of the word and how it's used in a sentence.
You may download the audio and do the quizzes as well.
How I would use this tool?
Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I would simply use this for listening activities.
This tool can suit my secondary school students at all level depends on how I'm going to use it.
There're a lot of topics you can choose but I will make some adjustment for the activities or maybe adding more activities for students.
The website will be my favorable source for any listening sources.
How is this tool underpinned by current understanding of language learning?
1) Can hear variety of accents spoken by people all over the world.
2) Authentic materials: Using the real English that we hear on the street.
4) Personalising the learning to students' interest. Important to motivate students.
5) Develop listening skills - Loads of listening activities (audio + transcript).
Most importantly, it not only provide the audio for listening but create the reason for listening as well that will create the reason for students to communicate and talk about the topic.
6) Variety of topics - world & cross cultural knowledge
As in the picture above: The topic is about Korean Family. Students can listen to the audio and do the exercise while learning about other culture as well.
Kill two birds with one stone!
7) Promote autonomous learning - a good autonomous learner will look at other way to learn English and this tool will be one of the best choice.
8) Language learning is skill-based. This tool has variety of skills: writing, reading, vocabulary and listening.
9) Extract language from the context. Learning language while learning other stuff as well. (Content and language integrated learning; CLIL)
10) Let students to gauge their level. Good learners will always reflect themselves.
1) The organisation of the main page is quite messy and confusing.
2) The website can be easily corrupted. Especially when lot of people using this webpage simultaneously.
3) The video provided not really helpful and interesting.